Mediterranean Style Lamb Cheese Steak Spring Rolls with Lemon Garlic Aioli Dip
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- 6oz of Fresh Spinach
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 of large onions chopped
- 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 16 Spring roll wrappers 6 1/2" x 6 1/2" Vegetable or peanut oil, for frying
- Green portion of 1 scallion, chopped, for garnish
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- 2 cloves minced Garlic
- 2 1/2 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice 1 Teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup of mayo
For Lemon Garlic Aioli
- For Lemon Garlic Aioli: Mix mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- For Lamb Cheese Steak Spring Rolls: Preheat oil to 350 degrees in a medium saucepan. Fill with enough oil that the egg rolls will not rest on the bottom of the pan. Mix egg and water together, in a small bowl, for egg wash.
- In medium sauté pan over, medium heat adds olive oil, onion, spinach & minced Garlic. Sweat vegetables until slightly softened, about 2 minutes. Add ground lamb and sauté until well done, about 7 minutes more. Remove from heat then Add Feta cheese and mix thoroughly, strain in a fine-mesh sieve to remove excess moisture, and let cool.
- Divide cooled mixture into 16 equal parts. Place mixture in the center of each spring roll skin. Fold inside corners and roll, sealing edges with egg wash. Submerge egg rolls in oil and fry, making sure the rolls do not touch the sides or the bottom of the pan. Fry in batches, to avoid over-crowding. until golden brown. Remove spring rolls to paper towels to blot excess oil. Cut egg rolls on the bias, place on a serving platter with lemon garlic aioli, and serve hot.